Social Worker, Deepdale CARES NORC
Deepdale CARES Naturally Occurring Retirement Community (NORC) is a program of Commonpoint Queens, a multipurpose social service agency. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of social workers, nurses and administrative staff
- Provides case management, case assistance and advocacy for older adults in the office, in their homes and via telephone
- Assists seniors in identifying and applying for benefits and entitlements for which they may qualify
- Documents all client contacts in the NYC Department for the Aging Peer Place application in a timely manner
- Meets with potential new members to explain services available
- Facilitates support groups, educational/recreational activities and intergenerational programming to meet contractual obligations and the needs of Deepdale Gardens residents over the age of 60
- Collaborates with program team to create new programming, special events, calendars, flyers, and program guide descriptions for activities
- Interfaces with NORC Advisory Board members, Program Officers from DFTA and NYSOFA
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Master’s Degree in Social Work. Experience working with older adults.
- Valid Driver’s License and must have a car available to drive to home visits and other agency sites.
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday, 40 hours; special events may require evening or Sunday hours
- Location: Little Neck, Queens
To Apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter to VMargolies@commonpointqueens.org and BBeckerBruno@commonpointqueens.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for follow-up.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer.