Program Coordinator, Success Academy
Program Coordinator, Success Academy
Martin Van Buren High School
High School and College Success
STATEMENT OF THE AGENCY
The Samuel Field Y is a non-profit, multi service agency with flagship sites in Little Neck, Bayside, Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000 mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
STATEMENT OF THE POSITION
Within our framework of a holistic, strength-focused, and family-supported practice, an individual hired as Program Coordinator, Success Academy in the High School and College Success division and will report directly to the Community School Director
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Education, Counseling or Social Work required
- At least three(3) year of relevant work experience within the framework of Youth Development and providing services to at risk youth.
- Experience providing group facilitation and individual success planning required.
- Develop and implement innovative programming for High School students with concentrations in areas of: Leadership Development, Community Service, Civic Engagement, Life Skills.
- Supervise part time counselor advocates and provide them with ongoing feedback and support.
- Work with the Community School Director on school wide initiatives to improve school culture and student engagement.
- Help connect students with community service opportunities and projects.
- Observe and communicate with staff to provide consistent, ongoing supervision and guidance to ensure that staff upholds the policies set forth by the Samuel Field Y (SFY), and the New York City Department of Education (DOE).
- Attend occasional evening and weekend events, as needed.
- Ensure that all participants files are current and up to date.
- Ensure that all participant files are accurate and kept current with documents, case notes, interventions and success planning, along with attendance requirements.
- Complete and maintain program data in tools provided by the funder (mid/end year reports) and the agency (weekly dashboard).
- Recruit program participants and complete the enrollment process in a timely fashion.
- Conduct individual and group counseling with students identified by the school and through the program.
- Conduct ongoing professional case conferences, schedule site-based trainings as well as staff meetings, with agendas and attendance sheets.
- Develop innovative programming in alignment with the goals and outcomes designed for the program including enrichment components, recreation and trips.
- Develop partnerships, work with and in teams.
- Take initiative and have the ability to solve problems.
- Have a positive approach to the idea and process of creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and trustworthy.
- Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft Office software packages; Google Drive (Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Docs, etc.); local area networks; and efficient use of the Internet.
General Tasks of All Samuel Field Y Staff
- Promote and implement the Core Values of the Jewish Community Center.
- Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
- Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
- Active involvement, as a supervisee, in the supervision process.
- Support the mission of the Samuel Field Y.
- Other tasks appropriate to the Samuel Field Y staff, as assigned.
The Samuel Field Y reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
The Samuel Field Y is an equal opportunity employers/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and résumé, as a Word or PDF document only, to SKawko@cqy.org Please indicate “Program Coordinator - Success Academy” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.