Maintenance - Porter
The Samuel Field Y's mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
Two Full-time positions. CANDIDATE MUST CLEAR PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK. SCHEDULE IS NOT NEGOTIABLE
Full time Porter (Sunday 8am-5pm & Monday-Thursday 3pm-12am)
Full-Time Porter (Monday - Friday 1pm-10pm.)
Part-Time Positions are also available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a Porter at Samuel Field YM & YWHA, Bay Terrace Center and other off-site locations, as required.
- You will be responsible to do routine cleaning of the buildings, including sweeping, mopping, collecting garbage, cleaning of classrooms, locker rooms and bathrooms, etc., and other tasks associated with maintaining the building in a manner expected of a first-rate membership-driven facility.
- Mid-afternoon and evening room set-ups as the schedule requires, and to be available for "as needed" cleaning where necessary and working in the building "whenever needed."
- Other related duties as required by the agency and defined by your supervisor.
- Experience providing high quality services as a porter for three (3) or more years.
- Ability to perform physical activities such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Knowledge of the proper use of household tools and cleaners.
- Experience in operating various kinds of cleaning equipment.
- Demonstrates cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a diverse number of backgrounds.
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to convey and participate in team oriented work.
Start Date: ASAP Hours: Part-Time Salary: Commensurate with experience. To Apply: Please email your résumé, as a Word or PDF document only to MLorca@sfy.org. Please indicate “Porter” in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Schedule: Full time
- Location: SFY/BTC
The Central Queens Y and Samuel Field Y is an equal opportunity employer/program