HKC Camp Director
The Central Queens Y is a part of the Samuel Field Y network of community centers. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall supervision/day to day management of day camp with 400+ campers of the HKC product
- Work with agency marketing/social media specialist to create a comprehensive marketing/outreach plan for 2019 camp season. Includes expansion of current catchment areas.
- Recruit, interview and hire all new staff including specialists and unit heads.
- Directly supervise assistant director, unit heads and any other members of camp leadership team.
- Work with agency liaison to SYEP to ensure maximum participation in the program.
- Interview all prospective returning staff to assess motivation and value.
- Enhance and improve existing programs, activities and special events. Create new ones to reflect new value proposition.
- Participate in appropriate committees as they pertain to program growth (Consortium)
- Create and manage camp operating budget in conjunction with agency management
- Oversee the Camp permit process for the Department of Health
- Oversee use of camp management system to better serve camp families and agency.
- Plan and implement staff training/orientation
- Create and maintain tools for camp evaluation including staff debriefings and parent questionnaires.
- Establish, evaluate and maintain systems for effective parent communication.
- Attend conferences and trainings when appropriate to ensure professional development.
- Ability travel between multiple sites
- Other duties as assigned
- BA Degree required, Masters preferred
- At minimum of five- years experience working in a camp in a leadership position
- At minimum of two-years as a director of a camp
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to convey and participate in a team oriented work.
- Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft Office software packages/familiarity with Google Documents/Drive, local area networks, and the Internet.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and résumé, as a Word or PDF document only, to ASaltz@cqy.org . Please indicate “HKC Camp Director" in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Central Queens Y and Samuel Field Y is an equal opportunity employer/program.