Group Leader, Beacon After School Program
Group Leader Role:
- Plan, implement and document successful educational, recreation, youth leadership, community service and arts activities with school-aged children.
- Adhere to policies and procedures in a pro-active manner, making the safety and care of children your primary focus.
- Build a positive relationship with each after-school participant in your care, and foster positive connections between participants. Actively engage with children at all times with the goal of fostering the positive development of each child and the group.
- Conduct yourself as a professional and representative of the agency with school staff, parents, children and anyone else with whom you come into contact in your role.
- Effectively manage assigned group. Maintain and enforce progressive discipline policy.
- Create a cohesive and effective staff team.
- Assist in enrollment, recording and submitting daily attendance records, and any other required documents to Director.
- Inspect on a daily basis all facilities, equipment, and supplies and be sure all are accounted for and put away at the end of each day.
- Inspect classroom at the beginning of each session and at the end of each session and provide Supervisors with a daily room check in log.
- Actively participate in all aspects of staff or member development, including weekly supervision, weekly team meetings, pre-service training, an additional at least 15 hours of training during the school year.
- Other assignments, as requested.
- At least 1 year of College, preferably in Education, Social Work or related field (not required).
- 1 year experience working with children in a child care or education setting
- Availability 2:00 to 6:00, Monday to Friday
To apply: please send a resume and cover letter to SSaimon@Commonpointqueens.org with the subject title "Beacon Group Leader."