Bay Terrace Pool and Athletic Center Manager
May and June: Weekends Only
July and August: Full Time (5 days a week; Weekends included)
September: Weekends Only
Statement of the Job
The Bay Terrace Pool and Athletic Center Manager is a seasonal job from early May to mid-September. The summer pool manager entails supervising all staff along with ensuring the safety and customer satisfaction of all our members and program participants. Reporting to the Director, the pool manager will carry out the responsibilities of the position described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily supervision of all summer staff including: lifeguards, office, gate, deck assistants and swim instructors.
- Ensure the safety of all members and guests.
- Develop and enhance programming to provide a quality experience for members and guests.
- Create schedules (both daily and weekly) for the staff.
- Communicate with members and guests to help provide evaluations for staff.
- Take inventory and order any supplies necessary to the success of the club.
- Communicate with staff to ensure that all human resources paperwork is on time and correct.
- Gather the necessary paperwork for the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) and help with SYEP payroll.
- Communicate with outside camps and camp rentals
- Ensure the facility is clean, safe, and up to all governing agency standards (DOH, FDNY, etc.)
- Attend meetings in the off-season and staff meetings during the summer season.
- Be able to work weekends in summer months.
- Manage conflict between members, guests, and staff.
- Develop a basic knowledge of the pool budget.
- Interview and hire all summer staff.
- Interface with social media for the pool club.
- B.A. or higher
- Past success in managing people and clients
- Good organization skills and planning
- CPR for the professional Rescuer/RTE First Aid.
- Lifeguarding and lifeguard management (preferred but not required)
- Certified Pool Operator (Preferred but not required)
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness (Preferred but not required)
- Proficient in word, excel and google drive
Please submit resume and cover letter, with the subject line Pool Club Manager to Craig Lastres at Clastres@sfy.org
Samuel Field YM & YWHA, Inc and Central Queens YM & YWHA, Inc., are equal opportunity employer.