After School Daycare Program Director
Responsibilities of the job:
- Hire, screen, train and supervise after school program staff, including but not limited to professional teaching personnel, college/high school students and volunteers.
- Conduct adequate outreach to the surrounding areas in order to recruit children and grow the program.
- Have constant communication with schools we pick up from to allow them to know about program closures or changes in pick-up.
- Observe and communicate with staff to provide consistent, ongoing supervision and guidance to ensure that staff upholds the policies set forth by the Samuel Field Y (SFY), and the Department of Health (DOH).
- Ensure that all SFY personnel files are current, including but not limited to fingerprints, medicals, state clearance forms and credentials or licenses.
- Conduct ongoing (at least monthly) professional staff development, scheduling site-based trainings as well as staff meetings, with agendas and attendance sheets.
- Collaborate with building personnel to ensure spaces are appropriately requested and set up.
- Work together with area schools and transportation department to coordinate pick-up times.
- Develop innovative program in alignment to support school day learning, as well as provide enhancements and enrichment components to support all students as individuals. Program should include academic assistance and age-appropriate recreational and social activities.
- Provide students and their families with feedback regarding their development in the program and help them to receive appropriate academic, emotional and social resources.
- Complete and track required training hours for self and staff as outlined under DOH guidelines.
- Attend agency “Youth Staff” meetings, and other agency meetings, including but not limited to Program Director’s meetings, safety meetings, CPR/First Aid trainings, Dignity of Children trainings etc…
- Attend agency committee meetings and occasional Sunday or evening functions, including but not limited to Fall Carnival, Chanukah Festival, Purim Carnival and Intergenerational Programs.
- Monitor expenditures (personnel, supplies, OTPS, petty cash) to stay within budget set forth by the Director, Contracts Manager and Chief Financial Officer. Obtain Supervisory approval before making program purchases.
- Working with the education coordinator and supervisor, perform long range strategic planning to develop new and innovative programs to maintain flexibility with changing funding streams and guidelines.
- Form connections with other Youth Directors within the agency to gather support and information.
- Report directly to the Director & Assistant Director of Youth Education Services.
- Take on other assignments as per the changing needs of the Samuel Field Y.
Qualifications: Applicant must possess a relevant Bachelor’s Degree and have at least three years of successful supervisory experience providing services to elementary and/or middle school students
To Apply: Please email your résumé, as a PDF or Word Document only, to JWilliams@sfy.org Please indicate “After School Daycare Program Director ” in the subject line of the email. We will contact only those candidates who meet our criteria in order to arrange an interview. Due to the high volume of applicants interviews are conducted in groups.